More From Derek Luke
- "A few years ago you couldn’t go from TV to film. It was like a ‘no no’ but I believe when you find a plan and purpose that God has for your life, there’s not anything man can do to you. Especially when your faith is not really standing in the wisdom of man, you’re really standing in the wisdom of God."
- "I was watching TV at age 9 or 10, and my mom said that I came from the front room and I told her that I want to act. And she said if you want to do this at 18, then you can. It was a very simple story, yet, I do not even remember the conversation that I had with my mother. Until she reminded me of the story many years later."
- "Denzel’s quality, I think, is his faith. You have all the action in your head and you have to believe in it and just do it. That’s what he does and that’s what he taught me to do."
More In Dreams
- "Am I athletic? In my dreams."― Hugh Bonneville
- "Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children."― George Bernard Shaw
- "I believe in everything until it’s disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it’s in your mind. Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now?"― John Lennon