More From Denis Diderot
- "Patriotism is an ephemeral motive that scarcely ever outlasts the particular threat to society that aroused it."
- "Our observation of nature must be diligent, our reflection profound, and our experiments exact. We rarely see these three means combined; and for this reason, creative geniuses are not common."
- "Good music is very close to primitive language."
More In Freedom
- "They have called Operation Iraqi Freedom a war of choice that isn’t part of the real war on terror. Someone should tell that to al Qaeda."― John Boehner
- "We in the United States should be all the more thankful for the freedom and religious tolerance we enjoy. And we should always remember the lessons learned from the Holocaust, in hopes we stay vigilant against such inhumanity now and in the future."― Charlie Dent
- "I can hardly express in words my deep feeling and sympathy for them, knowing as I do, the many serious handicaps and obstacles that will confront them in almost every walk of life."― Major Taylor