More From Denis Diderot
- "It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all."
- "It is not human nature we should accuse but the despicable conventions that pervert it."
- "If there is one realm in which it is essential to be sublime, it is in wickedness. You spit on a petty thief, but you can’t deny a kind of respect for the great criminal."
More In Freedom
- "A free America… means just this: individual freedom for all, rich or poor, or else this system of government we call democracy is only an expedient to enslave man to the machine and make him like it."― Frank Lloyd Wright
- "Israel is a country that respects freedom – freedom of assembly, freedom of speech and freedom of worship."― George Pataki
- "Well, I’m a libertarian conservative, so I believe in limited government/maximum individual freedom."― John Bolton