More From Denis Diderot
- "Morals are in all countries the result of legislation and government; they are not African or Asian or European: they are good or bad."
- "The possibility of divorce renders both marriage partners stricter in their observance of the duties they owe to each other. Divorces help to improve morals and to increase the population."
- "No man has received from nature the right to command his fellow human beings."
More In Freedom
- "Because of the lack of education on AIDS, discrimination, fear, panic, and lies surrounded me."― Ryan White
- "In times such as these, people should recognize that evil knows no borders, knows no limits and knows no compassion. Those around the globe that value freedom must continue to persevere even in the darkest of times."― Michael Burgess
- "The pillars of truth and the pillars of freedom – they are the pillars of society."― Henrik Ibsen