More From Denis Diderot
- "There are three principal means of acquiring knowledge… observation of nature, reflection, and experimentation. Observation collects facts; reflection combines them; experimentation verifies the result of that combination."
- "Morals are in all countries the result of legislation and government; they are not African or Asian or European: they are good or bad."
- "Only passions, great passions can elevate the soul to great things."
More In Freedom
- "Human beings crave freedom at their core."― John Ensign
- "The American flag is the most recognized symbol of freedom and democracy in the world."― Virginia Foxx
- "After the tragedy, New Yorkers are more united than ever in their vision, as well as in appreciation what living in freedom means – and that if we stand together, we can accomplish anything."― George Pataki