More From Denis Diderot
- "Morals are in all countries the result of legislation and government; they are not African or Asian or European: they are good or bad."
- "The possibility of divorce renders both marriage partners stricter in their observance of the duties they owe to each other. Divorces help to improve morals and to increase the population."
- "It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all."
More In Poetry
- "In between, I go broke because I seem to do movies where you’re not paid a lot as an actor."― Sean Penn
- "To be born in Wales, not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but, with music in your blood and with poetry in your soul, is a privilege indeed."― Brian Harris
- "Today the U.S. is farther from being nourished by poetry than it was a hundred years ago, when books of poems were best-sellers."― James Broughton