More From Denis Diderot
- "The possibility of divorce renders both marriage partners stricter in their observance of the duties they owe to each other. Divorces help to improve morals and to increase the population."
- "There is only one passion, the passion for happiness."
- "When superstition is allowed to perform the task of old age in dulling the human temperament, we can say goodbye to all excellence in poetry, in painting, and in music."
More In Death
- "Well, there’s a remedy for all things but death, which will be sure to lay us flat one time or other."― Miguel de Cervantes
- "A Catholic is raised with the idea that he will die any minute now and if he doesn’t live his life in a certain way, this death is an introduction to an eternity of pain."― Don DeLillo
- "Death is the great hope of all life; the desire to expend itself; to be used and consumed by its own longing for itself."― Bryant H. McGill