More From Denis Diderot
- "Morals are in all countries the result of legislation and government; they are not African or Asian or European: they are good or bad."
- "Disturbances in society are never more fearful than when those who are stirring up the trouble can use the pretext of religion to mask their true designs."
- "It is not human nature we should accuse but the despicable conventions that pervert it."
More In Death
- "There are only three events in a man’s life; birth, life, and death; he is not conscious of being born, he dies in pain, and he forgets to live."― Jean de la Bruyere
- "Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It’s the transition that’s troublesome."― Isaac Asimov
- "For any culture which is primarily concerned with meaning, the study of death – the only certainty that life holds for us – must be central, for an understanding of death is the key to liberation in life."― Stanislav Grof