More From Denis Diderot
- "The best doctor is the one you run to and can’t find."
- "Morals are in all countries the result of legislation and government; they are not African or Asian or European: they are good or bad."
- "When science, art, literature, and philosophy are simply the manifestation of personality they are on a level where glorious and dazzling achievements are possible, which can make a man’s name live for thousands of years."
More In Death
- "I was never afraid of failure after that because, I think, coming that close to death you get kissed. With the years, the actual experience of course fades, but the flavor of it doesn’t. I just had a real sense of what choice do I have but to live fully?"― Debra Winger
- "Death is the great hope of all life; the desire to expend itself; to be used and consumed by its own longing for itself."― Bryant H. McGill
- "Watching a peaceful death of a human being reminds us of a falling star; one of a million lights in a vast sky that flares up for a brief moment only to disappear into the endless night forever."― Elisabeth Kubler-Ross