More From Demetri Martin
- "Stand-up is like a row boat: it’s fun and romantic when you’re choosing to do it. But if you have no other choice than to be in a row boat it’s not as enjoyable; that’s survival."
- "I love women, but I feel like you can’t trust some of them. Some of them are liars, you know? Like I was in the park and I met this girl, she was cute and she had a dog. And I went up to her, we started talking. She told me her dog’s name. Then I said, ‘Does he bite?’ She said, ‘No.’ And I said, ‘Oh yeah? Then how does he eat?’ Liar."
- "I keep a lighter in my back pocket all the time. I’m not a smoker, I just really like certain songs."
More In Freedom
- "The United States of America will never be intimidated by thugs and assassins. The killers will fail, and the Iraqi people will live in freedom."― George W. Bush
- "May we think of freedom, not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right."― Peter Marshall
- "As one gets older one sees many more paths that could be taken. Artists sense within their own work that kind of swelling of possibilities, which may seem a freedom or a confusion."― Jasper Johns