More From Demetri Martin
- "I tend to avoid televisions, politics, and places with velvet ropes."
- "The comedians I liked were Bill Cosby and Steven Wright, like just always as a comedic actor. I always liked Gary Larson, who’s really funny for a cartoonist, obviously."
- "I keep a lighter in my back pocket all the time. I’m not a smoker, I just really like certain songs."
More In Freedom
- "We can’t equate democracy with Christianity because the largest democracy on earth is India, which is primarily Hindu. The third largest democracy is Indonesia, which is Islamic. Democracy and freedom are not dependent on Christian beliefs."― Jimmy Carter
- "Any nation that thinks more of its ease and comfort than its freedom will soon lose its freedom; and the ironical thing about it is that it will lose its ease and comfort too."― W. Somerset Maugham
- "The precondition to freedom is security."― Rand Beers