More From Demetri Martin
- "Stand up is really fun because if I think of a joke or a funny idea, then I can just go and tell some people and if they laugh, they laugh right away."
- "If you can’t tell a spoon from a ladle, then you’re fat!"
- "And of course I didn’t make any money from stand up for years, so I had temp jobs. That was the way I made money."
More In Freedom
- "I know of no country in which there is so little independence of mind and real freedom of discussion as in America."― Alexis de Tocqueville
- "If there is any principle of the Constitution that more imperatively calls for attachment than any other it is the principle of free thought, not free thought for those who agree with us but freedom for the thought that we hate."― Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "The man form is higher than the angel form; of all forms it is the highest. Man is the highest being in creation, because he aspires to freedom."― Paramahansa Yogananda