More From Debra Winger
- "I never lost my interest in acting but I did lose my interest in the business and what I had to go through to make a film. I felt saturated, you know, like a sponge when it’s saturated – it’s not good."
- "Never say never, but the thought of electively cutting oneself is beyond my grasp, and I also object to it politically. Denying the lines on our faces makes a comment about age and wisdom I don’t care to make."
- "I always loved working as an actress, but I didn’t understand why I couldn’t just opt out of being famous. And then I realized you can, and I think I did. And eventually, I came to understand that you can do that and also keep working."
More In Age
- "Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking."― Albert Einstein
- "Middle age is when you’re sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn’t for you."― Ogden Nash
- "Some folks are wise and some are otherwise."― Tobias Smollett