More From David Zucker
- "I think that came out of watching all those serious movies for all that time. If you watch a movie like Zero Hour, Sterling Hayden is pretty funny, and so are the guys in the cockpit."
- "I think up until the point when we started in the business, which was in the early ’70s, most of the humor was political. The smart humor was political satire."
- "Chevy Chase and Bill Murray – we thought those guys were funny. We love Bill Murray, but we didn’t think they were right for Airplane! because it would step on the joke if there was a known comedian."
More In Famous
- "Acting is not about being famous, it’s about exploring the human soul."― Annette Bening
- "Being very famous is not the fun it sounds. It merely means you’re being chased by a lot of people and you lose your privacy."― Colin Wilson
- "We want deeper sincerity of motive, a greater courage in speech and earnestness in action."― Sarojini Naidu