More From David Zucker
- "I don’t think there has been any increase in sophistication in the audience. When people are aware of a concept that’s easy to understand, and there’s an actor who will attract them to the theater and it’s a movie that’s funny three-quarters of the time, it will be successful."
- "Chevy Chase and Bill Murray – we thought those guys were funny. We love Bill Murray, but we didn’t think they were right for Airplane! because it would step on the joke if there was a known comedian."
- "I think that came out of watching all those serious movies for all that time. If you watch a movie like Zero Hour, Sterling Hayden is pretty funny, and so are the guys in the cockpit."
More In Famous
- "There are high spots in all of our lives and most of them have come about through encouragement from someone else. I don’t care how great, how famous or successful a man or woman may be, each hungers for applause."― George Matthew Adams
- "Once you become famous, there is nothing left to become but infamous."― Don Johnson
- "Did you ever stop to think why cops are always famous for being dumb? Simple. Because they don’t have to be anything else."― Orson Welles