More From David Sedaris
- "I love things made out of animals. It’s just so funny to think of someone saying, ‘I need a letter opener. I guess I’ll have to kill a deer."
- "It’s odd the things that people remember. Parents will arrange a birthday party, certain it will stick in your mind forever. You’ll have a nice time, then two years later you’ll be like, ‘There was a pony there? Really? And a clown with one leg?’"
- "When I look at a lot of older stuff that I’ve written, I think one sign of amateur humor writing is when you see people trying too hard."
More In Change
- "The question, I’ve come to think, is not what inspires one to change, but what inspires one to remain changed."― Jonathan Safran Foer
- "In order to effect great change, we need to look at how we can help those in our own communities as well as globally."― Christina Aguilera
- "Life has got a habit of not standing hitched. You got to ride it like you find it. You got to change with it. If a day goes by that don’t change some of your old notions for new ones, that is just about like trying to milk a dead cow."― Woody Guthrie