More From David Sedaris
- "I go to the movies at least five times a week, and after a while everything becomes a blur to me."
- "I’ve been keeping a diary for thirty-three years and write in it every morning. Most of it’s just whining, but every so often there’ll be something I can use later: a joke, a description, a quote. It’s an invaluable aid when it comes to winning arguments. ‘That’s not what you said on February 3, 1996,’ I’ll say to someone."
- "When I look at a lot of older stuff that I’ve written, I think one sign of amateur humor writing is when you see people trying too hard."
More In Change
- "I don’t believe in the after life, although I am bringing a change of underwear."― Woody Allen
- "Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn’t formed in a day, and neither were we. Set small goals and build upon them."― Lee Haney
- "What looks absolutely fabulous in rehearsal can fall flat in front of an audience. The audience dictates what you do or don’t change."― Harvey Fierstein