More From David Sedaris
- "My family isn’t really all that different from anyone else’s. Well, maybe they’re a bit more entertaining."
- "I’ve been keeping a diary for thirty-three years and write in it every morning. Most of it’s just whining, but every so often there’ll be something I can use later: a joke, a description, a quote. It’s an invaluable aid when it comes to winning arguments. ‘That’s not what you said on February 3, 1996,’ I’ll say to someone."
- "I love things made out of animals. It’s just so funny to think of someone saying, ‘I need a letter opener. I guess I’ll have to kill a deer."
More In Change
- "But I think it’s more that when you’re young, you’re invincible, you’re immortal – or at least you think you are. The possibilities are limitless, you’re inventing the future. Then you get older and suddenly you have a history. It’s fixed. You can’t change anything. I find that a bit disturbing, to be honest."― Damien Hirst
- "I was supposed to have a relationship with Judy, but that never happened. Actors in series didn’t have the control that they have today over their jobs."― Mark Goddard
- "For time and the world do not stand still. Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or the present are certain to miss the future."― John F. Kennedy