More From David Rockefeller
- "I learned more from my mother than from all the art historians and curators who have informed me about technical aspects of art history and art appreciation over the years."
- "My grandfather, along with Carnegie, was a pioneer in philanthropy, which my father then practiced on a very large scale."
- "Much corporate giving is charitable in nature rather than philanthropic."
More In Design
- "The reward is that you can actually create a world separate from reality with a story, actors, music, and camera design. When it works it can entertain, move people and teach us all."― Colleen Atwood
- "I love design."― Venus Williams
- "I think being a wealthy member of the establishment is the antithesis of cool. Being a countercultural revolutionary is cool. So to the extent that you’ve made a billion dollars, you’ve probably become uncool."― Sean Parker