More From David Rockefeller
- "I am convinced that material things can contribute a lot to making one’s life pleasant, but, basically, if you do not have very good friends and relatives who matter to you, life will be really empty and sad and material things cease to be important."
- "I am a passionate traveler, and from the time I was a child, travel formed me as much as my formal education."
- "The Japanese have a wonderful sense of design and a refinement in their art. They try to produce beautiful paintings with the minimum number of strokes."
More In Society
- "The world is governed more by appearance than realities so that it is fully as necessary to seem to know something as to know it."― Daniel Webster
- "In emerging democracies like Russia, in authoritarian states like Iran or even Yugoslavia, journalists play a vital role in civil society. In fact, they form the very basis of those new democracies and civil societies."― Christiane Amanpour
- "Stories in which the destruction of society occurs are explorations of social fears and issues that filmmakers, novelists, playwrights, painters have been examining for a long time."― J. J. Abrams