More From David Rockefeller
- "Much corporate giving is charitable in nature rather than philanthropic."
- "My grandfather, along with Carnegie, was a pioneer in philanthropy, which my father then practiced on a very large scale."
- "I am a passionate traveler, and from the time I was a child, travel formed me as much as my formal education."
More In Society
- "We do a disservice to society if we ignore the evidence which shows that stable families tend to be associated with better outcomes for children."― Iain Duncan Smith
- "I really think that elected officials should be focused on how you create sustained economic growth, how do you create jobs and all of these issues that made people – segments of our society believe are really important are diversions politically."― Jeb Bush
- "There are a lot of things I can take, and a few that I can’t. What I can’t take is when my older brother, who’s everything that I want to be, starts losing faith in things. I saw that look in your eyes last night. I don’t ever want to see that look in your eyes again."― M. Night Shyamalan