More From David Rockefeller
- "Philanthropy is involved with basic innovations that transform society, not simply maintaining the status quo or filling basic social needs that were formerly the province of the public sector."
- "I believe that government is the servant of the people and not their master."
- "I am convinced that material things can contribute a lot to making one’s life pleasant, but, basically, if you do not have very good friends and relatives who matter to you, life will be really empty and sad and material things cease to be important."
More In Dad
- "I went and took golf lessons so Dad would let me play with him. I was just terrible… but I was able to have a wonderful time just walking around with Dad. I can see the real pleasure of that game."― David Hyde Pierce
- "I grew up not liking my father very much. I never saw him cry. But he must have. Everybody cries."― Charley Pride
- "If you’re self-employed, between jobs, or can’t get insurance through work, you’ll have access to affordable health insurance as good as Congressman Paul Ryan’s."― Kathleen Sebelius