More From David Rockefeller
- "I learned more from my mother than from all the art historians and curators who have informed me about technical aspects of art history and art appreciation over the years."
- "Much corporate giving is charitable in nature rather than philanthropic."
- "I am a passionate traveler, and from the time I was a child, travel formed me as much as my formal education."
More In Art
- "Appropriation is the idea that ate the art world. Go to any Chelsea gallery or international biennial and you’ll find it. It’s there in paintings of photographs, photographs of advertising, sculpture with ready-made objects, videos using already-existing film."― Jerry Saltz
- "It is after all the greatest art to limit and isolate oneself."― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "I love where I’m from. I don’t live there because of the circumstances, but all my family is there. It’s what’s inside, it’s not what’s outside that determines the culture and the feeling."― Maria Sharapova