More From David Rockefeller
- "I believe that government is the servant of the people and not their master."
- "I learned more from my mother than from all the art historians and curators who have informed me about technical aspects of art history and art appreciation over the years."
- "I am a passionate traveler, and from the time I was a child, travel formed me as much as my formal education."
More In Art
- "Madonna remains the most visible performer on the planet, as well as one of the wealthiest, but would anyone seriously say that artistic self-development is her primary motivating principle? She is too busy with Kabbalah, fashion merchandising, adoption melodramas, the gym, and ill-starred horseback riding to study art."― Camille Paglia
- "The art world is an all-volunteer force. No one has to be here if he or she doesn’t want to be, and we should be associating with anyone we want to."― Jerry Saltz
- "There are some forms of religion that are bad, just as there’s bad cooking or bad art or bad sex, you have bad religion too."― Karen Armstrong