More From David Rockefeller
- "Philanthropy is involved with basic innovations that transform society, not simply maintaining the status quo or filling basic social needs that were formerly the province of the public sector."
- "I believe that government is the servant of the people and not their master."
- "The Japanese have a wonderful sense of design and a refinement in their art. They try to produce beautiful paintings with the minimum number of strokes."
More In Art
- "I can’t bear art that you can walk round and admire. A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd."― David Herbert Lawrence
- "Every work of art is an uncommitted crime."― Theodor Adorno
- "A canon is antithetical to everything the New York art world has been about for the past 40 years, during which we went from being the center of the art world to being one of many centers."― Jerry Saltz