More From David Rockefeller
- "I am convinced that material things can contribute a lot to making one’s life pleasant, but, basically, if you do not have very good friends and relatives who matter to you, life will be really empty and sad and material things cease to be important."
- "Much corporate giving is charitable in nature rather than philanthropic."
- "Philanthropy is involved with basic innovations that transform society, not simply maintaining the status quo or filling basic social needs that were formerly the province of the public sector."
More In Art
- "The most seductive thing about art is the personality of the artist himself."― Paul Cezanne
- "The idea of avant-garde art is a very suspicious thing to me, the idea that poetry is new and it keeps being new the way Chevrolets every year are new."― Robert Morgan
- "I grew up in an artists’ community in New York, in a building that was government-subsidised for artists. No one made any money, but they made art for the sake of art."― Vin Diesel