More From David Rockefeller
- "I owe much to mother. She had an expert’s understanding, but also approached art emotionally."
- "I am a passionate traveler, and from the time I was a child, travel formed me as much as my formal education."
- "Philanthropy is involved with basic innovations that transform society, not simply maintaining the status quo or filling basic social needs that were formerly the province of the public sector."
More In Art
- "Getting the government to put money into social programs run by religious institutions is a practice that started during the Clinton years, when Bill Clinton advocated the AmeriCorps program."― Tony Campolo
- "A writer should write with his eyes and a painter paint with his ears."― Gertrude Stein
- "The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things."― Henry Ward Beecher