More From David Rockefeller
- "Philanthropy is involved with basic innovations that transform society, not simply maintaining the status quo or filling basic social needs that were formerly the province of the public sector."
- "Much corporate giving is charitable in nature rather than philanthropic."
- "I am convinced that material things can contribute a lot to making one’s life pleasant, but, basically, if you do not have very good friends and relatives who matter to you, life will be really empty and sad and material things cease to be important."
More In Art
- "I didn’t grow up thinking of movies as film, or art, but as movies, something to do on a Saturday afternoon."― Sydney Pollack
- "Art is for anyone. It just isn’t for everyone. Still, over the past decade, its audience has hugely grown, and that’s irked those outside the art world, who get irritated at things like incomprehensibility or money."― Jerry Saltz
- "Personality is everything in art and poetry."― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe