More From David Rockefeller
- "I am a passionate traveler, and from the time I was a child, travel formed me as much as my formal education."
- "The Japanese have a wonderful sense of design and a refinement in their art. They try to produce beautiful paintings with the minimum number of strokes."
- "I owe much to mother. She had an expert’s understanding, but also approached art emotionally."
More In Art
- "Film is a very young art that is still evolving. Soon, we shall reach a balance between content and technology."― Catherine Deneuve
- "Poetry is the art of substantiating shadows, and of lending existence to nothing."― Edmund Burke
- "Anyone who relishes art should love the extraordinary diversity and psychic magic of our art galleries. There’s likely more combined square footage for the showing of art on one New York block – West 24th Street between Tenth and Eleventh Avenues – than in all of Amsterdam’s or Hamburg’s galleries."― Jerry Saltz