More From David Rockefeller
- "I owe much to mother. She had an expert’s understanding, but also approached art emotionally."
- "Philanthropy is involved with basic innovations that transform society, not simply maintaining the status quo or filling basic social needs that were formerly the province of the public sector."
- "I am convinced that material things can contribute a lot to making one’s life pleasant, but, basically, if you do not have very good friends and relatives who matter to you, life will be really empty and sad and material things cease to be important."
More In Art
- "Every once in a while I go off to do a movie or a television series and I take my art with me. I can stay in character when I paint."― Jane Seymour
- "I’ve never felt that I had to take a role in one of those mediocre but hugely budgeted romantic comedies because I want to wear beautiful dresses and have people think I’m pretty and that I get the guy."― Minnie Driver
- "Simplicity and repose are the qualities that measure the true value of any work of art."― Frank Lloyd Wright