More From David Rockefeller
- "I owe much to mother. She had an expert’s understanding, but also approached art emotionally."
- "I believe that government is the servant of the people and not their master."
- "I am convinced that material things can contribute a lot to making one’s life pleasant, but, basically, if you do not have very good friends and relatives who matter to you, life will be really empty and sad and material things cease to be important."
More In Art
- "A work of art that contains theories is like an object on which the price tag has been left."― Alexander Pope
- "The only thing approaching art in a movie is the script."― David Bailey
- "‘Untitled’ is a time machine that can transport you to 1992, an edgy moment when the art world was crumbling, money was scarce, and artists like Tiravanija were in the nascent stages of combining Happenings, performance art, John Cage, Joseph Beuys, and the do-it-yourself ethos of punk. Meanwhile, a new art world was coming into being."― Jerry Saltz