More From David Rockefeller
- "I am convinced that material things can contribute a lot to making one’s life pleasant, but, basically, if you do not have very good friends and relatives who matter to you, life will be really empty and sad and material things cease to be important."
- "I am a passionate traveler, and from the time I was a child, travel formed me as much as my formal education."
- "The Japanese have a wonderful sense of design and a refinement in their art. They try to produce beautiful paintings with the minimum number of strokes."
More In Hope
- "‘Peace Train’ is a song I wrote, the message of which continues to breeze thunderously through the hearts of millions. There is a powerful need for people to feel that gust of hope rise up again."― Cat Stevens
- "I think it’s a mistake to ever look for hope outside of one’s self."― Arthur Miller
- "You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand."― Woodrow Wilson