More From David Rockefeller
- "Philanthropy is involved with basic innovations that transform society, not simply maintaining the status quo or filling basic social needs that were formerly the province of the public sector."
- "The Japanese have a wonderful sense of design and a refinement in their art. They try to produce beautiful paintings with the minimum number of strokes."
- "I learned more from my mother than from all the art historians and curators who have informed me about technical aspects of art history and art appreciation over the years."
More In Education
- "It would be nice if education was free to everyone who wanted it, but that’s not the world we live in."― Glenda Jackson
- "Delaware State began as a school bent on service – teaching education, social services and nursing."― Michael N. Castle
- "The Constitution was written by 55 educated and highly intelligent men in Philadelphia in 1787, but it was written so that it could be understood by people of limited education and modest intelligence."― John Jay Hooker