More From David Ogilvy
- "I have a theory that the best ads come from personal experience. Some of the good ones I have done have really come out of the real experience of my life, and somehow this has come over as true and valid and persuasive."
- "Good copy can’t be written with tongue in cheek, written just for a living. You’ve got to believe in the product."
- "The advertisers who believe in the selling power of jingles have never had to sell anything."
More In Age
- "I have been aware, from the age of 6, that I had talent."― Dennis Potter
- "Whether you’ve seen angels floating around your bedroom or just found a ray of hope at a lonely moment, choosing to believe that something unseen is caring for you can be a life-shifting exercise."― Martha Beck
- "When you get to a certain age, there is no coming back."― Brian Clough