More From David Ogilvy
- "Leaders grasp nettles."
- "Can advertising foist an inferior product on the consumer? Bitter experience has taught me that it cannot. On those rare occasions when I have advertised products which consumer tests have found inferior to other products in the same field, the results have been disastrous."
- "Advertising is a business of words, but advertising agencies are infested with men and women who cannot write. They cannot write advertisements, and they cannot write plans. They are helpless as deaf mutes on the stage of the Metropolitan Opera."
More In Age
- "Any new financial order for the world must tackle the three chief challenges of our age."― James Buchan
- "Middle age is when you’re sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn’t for you."― Ogden Nash
- "Age imprints more wrinkles in the mind than it does on the face."― Michel de Montaigne