More From David Ogilvy
- "Can advertising foist an inferior product on the consumer? Bitter experience has taught me that it cannot. On those rare occasions when I have advertised products which consumer tests have found inferior to other products in the same field, the results have been disastrous."
- "The advertisers who believe in the selling power of jingles have never had to sell anything."
- "Our business is infested with idiots who try to impress by using pretentious jargon."
More In Age
- "Almost all of your life is lived by the seat of your pants, one unexpected event crashing into another, with no pattern or reason, and then you finally reach a point, around my age, where you spend more time than ever looking back. Why did this happen? Look where that led? You see the shape of things."― Ron Perlman
- "But I think it’s a little different in Europe, because 40 is really the best age for a woman. That’s when we hit our peak and become this ripe fruit."― Juliette Binoche
- "I think I’m the most positive guy still going in my generation, and I’m out there to prove that."― Luther Allison