More From David Ogilvy
- "Advertising is a business of words, but advertising agencies are infested with men and women who cannot write. They cannot write advertisements, and they cannot write plans. They are helpless as deaf mutes on the stage of the Metropolitan Opera."
- "Advertising reflects the mores of society, but it does not influence them."
- "I do not regard advertising as entertainment or an art form, but as a medium of information."
More In Age
- "Men do less than they ought, unless they do all that they can."― Thomas Carlyle
- "I knew from a very young age that there was something very wrong with me."― Patty Duke
- "I first learned that there were black people living in some place called other than the United States in the western hemisphere when I was a very little boy, and my father told me that when he was a boy about my age, he wanted to be an Episcopal priest, because he so admired his priest, a black man from someplace called Haiti."― Henry Louis Gates