More From David Ogilvy
- "Advertising is a business of words, but advertising agencies are infested with men and women who cannot write. They cannot write advertisements, and they cannot write plans. They are helpless as deaf mutes on the stage of the Metropolitan Opera."
- "I have a theory that the best ads come from personal experience. Some of the good ones I have done have really come out of the real experience of my life, and somehow this has come over as true and valid and persuasive."
- "Good copy can’t be written with tongue in cheek, written just for a living. You’ve got to believe in the product."
More In Freedom
- "There is something akin to freedom in having a lover who has no control over you, except that which he gains by kindness and attachment."― Harriet Ann Jacobs
- "I’m just kind of taking a break now and enjoying the freedom of making my own choices. When you’re on a television show for six years, they run your schedule."― Andrew Shue
- "And we can celebrate when we have a government that has earned back the trust of the people it serves… when we have a government that honors our Constitution and stands up for the values that have made America, America: economic freedom, individual liberty, and personal responsibility."― John Boehner