More From David Ogilvy
- "Good copy can’t be written with tongue in cheek, written just for a living. You’ve got to believe in the product."
- "Can advertising foist an inferior product on the consumer? Bitter experience has taught me that it cannot. On those rare occasions when I have advertised products which consumer tests have found inferior to other products in the same field, the results have been disastrous."
- "I have a theory that the best ads come from personal experience. Some of the good ones I have done have really come out of the real experience of my life, and somehow this has come over as true and valid and persuasive."
More In Freedom
- "Yet the march toward freedom is not without its hazards or its casualties and the threats of violence aimed at Iraqis who participate in the election will be dealt with accordingly."― Jim Gerlach
- "When a noble life has prepared old age, it is not decline that it reveals, but the first days of immortality."― Muriel Spark
- "Novelists have always had complete freedom to pretty much tell their story any way they saw fit. And that’s what I’m trying to do."― Quentin Tarantino