More From David Ogilvy
- "Advertising reflects the mores of society, but it does not influence them."
- "Can advertising foist an inferior product on the consumer? Bitter experience has taught me that it cannot. On those rare occasions when I have advertised products which consumer tests have found inferior to other products in the same field, the results have been disastrous."
- "I have a theory that the best ads come from personal experience. Some of the good ones I have done have really come out of the real experience of my life, and somehow this has come over as true and valid and persuasive."
More In Freedom
- "We do not commonly see in a tax a diminution of freedom, and yet it clearly is one."― Herbert Spencer
- "Maybe if everybody in leadership was a woman, you might not get into the conflicts in the first place. But if you watch the women who have made it to the top, they haven’t exactly been non-aggressive – including me."― Madeleine Albright
- "As a boy, I believed freedom for America meant freedom for me. There was a time I believed every word spoken."― Barry White