More From David Ogilvy
- "Advertising reflects the mores of society, but it does not influence them."
- "Never write an advertisement which you wouldn’t want your family to read. You wouldn’t tell lies to your own wife. Don’t tell them to mine."
- "The relationship between a manufacturer and his advertising agency is almost as intimate as the relationship between a patient and his doctor. Make sure that you can life happily with your prospective client before you accept his account."
More In Freedom
- "True independence and freedom can only exist in doing what’s right."― Brigham Young
- "Only free men can negotiate; prisoners cannot enter into contracts. Your freedom and mine cannot be separated."― Nelson Mandela
- "The communitarians may say you’ve been enjoying too much individual freedom, and that you must give up some of that for the benefit of the community. But they really mean that they want more power over your life – to force you to subsidize, obey and conform to their choices."― Harry Browne