More From David Ogilvy
- "Can advertising foist an inferior product on the consumer? Bitter experience has taught me that it cannot. On those rare occasions when I have advertised products which consumer tests have found inferior to other products in the same field, the results have been disastrous."
- "The secret of long life is double careers. One to about age sixty, then another for the next thirty years."
- "Advertising reflects the mores of society, but it does not influence them."
More In Business
- "The chances of a bank going out of business are extremely slim, but it’s always a good idea to spread around major sums so every penny is backed by insurance."― Suze Orman
- "We expect all our businesses to have a positive impact on our top and bottom lines. Profitability is very important to us or we wouldn’t be in this business."― Jeff Bezos
- "At the end of the day, there’s only a few major stars in the music business, and then there’s all these people that are aspiring to be that."― John Legend