More From David Ogilvy
- "Can advertising foist an inferior product on the consumer? Bitter experience has taught me that it cannot. On those rare occasions when I have advertised products which consumer tests have found inferior to other products in the same field, the results have been disastrous."
- "I do not regard advertising as entertainment or an art form, but as a medium of information."
- "The advertisers who believe in the selling power of jingles have never had to sell anything."
More In Business
- "From 1965 to 1967, my dad, Jack Gilligan, served in Congress and helped pass landmark laws like the Voting Rights Act."― Kathleen Sebelius
- "People who have tried it, tell me that a clear conscience makes you very happy and contented; but a full stomach does the business quite as well, and is cheaper, and more easily obtained."― Jerome K. Jerome
- "I think retirement’s for old people. I’m still in the business, thank you. I have a young child of nine years old, and I want to live as long as I can to see him grow up. I’m enjoying my life and I want to stick around for as long as I can."― Harrison Ford