More From David Mamet
- "I’m not the guy to ask about politics. I’m a gag writer."
- "In my family, in the days prior to television, we liked to while away the evenings by making ourselves miserable, solely based on our ability to speak the language viciously."
- "The product of the artist has become less important than the fact of the artist. We wish to absorb this person. We wish to devour someone who has experienced the tragic. In our society this person is much more important than anything he might create."
More In Morning
- "And now the momentous day, a day to be forever remembered in the annals of the country, arrived. Early in the morning on the 1st of July the conflict began."― Edward Everett
- "Even a purely moral act that has no hope of any immediate and visible political effect can gradually and indirectly, over time, gain in political significance."― Vaclav Havel
- "I don’t think I can call myself an actress yet. I just don’t think my skill level is that high. I hope that with every job it gets better. But until I’m good, I can say I’m trying to be an actor, but I don’t think I’ve completely made it."― Keira Knightley