More From David Mamet
- "In my family, in the days prior to television, we liked to while away the evenings by making ourselves miserable, solely based on our ability to speak the language viciously."
- "The product of the artist has become less important than the fact of the artist. We wish to absorb this person. We wish to devour someone who has experienced the tragic. In our society this person is much more important than anything he might create."
- "In practice we, in the world, must do business with each other."
More In Morning
- "I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning."― J. B. Priestley
- "It’s not like I just have to go to Washington and go to the White House everyday, and go to the same press conference at 10 in the morning and then be briefed at 4 in the afternoon, and then get a story on at 6."― Tabitha Soren
- "Politics gets me out of bed in the morning It’s what really interests me. I’m a competitor, but I also feel like I’m contributing, whether it’s working on health-care policy in the White House or out here in Chicago."― Stephanie Cutter