More From David Hume
- "This avidity alone, of acquiring goods and possessions for ourselves and our nearest friends, is insatiable, perpetual, universal, and directly destructive of society."
- "The heights of popularity and patriotism are still the beaten road to power and tyranny."
- "Accuracy is, in every case, advantageous to beauty, and just reasoning to delicate sentiment. In vain would we exalt the one by depreciating the other."
More In Power
- "Would that the simple maxim, that honesty is the best policy, might be laid to heart; that a sense of the true aim of life might elevate the tone of politics and trade till public and private honor become identical."― Margaret Fuller
- "Sometimes power is all a person has, so they will protect it even unto their own destruction, for without power they have nothing."― Bryant H. McGill
- "Nurses serve their patients in the most important capacities. We know that they serve as our first lines of communication when something goes wrong or when we are concerned about health."― Lois Capps