More From David Hume
- "There is not to be found, in all history, any miracle attested by a sufficient number of men, of such unquestioned good sense, education and learning, as to secure us against all delusion in themselves."
- "This avidity alone, of acquiring goods and possessions for ourselves and our nearest friends, is insatiable, perpetual, universal, and directly destructive of society."
- "A purpose, an intention, a design, strikes everywhere even the careless, the most stupid thinker."
More In Death
- "There are only three events in a man’s life; birth, life, and death; he is not conscious of being born, he dies in pain, and he forgets to live."― Jean de la Bruyere
- "Death’s in the good-bye."― Anne Sexton
- "Death’s a debt; his mandamus binds all alike- no bail, no demurrer."― Richard Brinsley Sheridan