More From David Hume
- "The heights of popularity and patriotism are still the beaten road to power and tyranny."
- "Accuracy is, in every case, advantageous to beauty, and just reasoning to delicate sentiment. In vain would we exalt the one by depreciating the other."
- "Philosophy would render us entirely Pyrrhonian, were not nature too strong for it."
More In Death
- "Any man’s death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."― John Donne
- "I start thinking about life after death. I’ve got to quit thinking about it because it’s very deep. Very deep. Sometimes you start thinking about it, and you don’t feel like you want to be alive, so I don’t like to get all quiet."― David Ortiz
- "I decided to devote my life to telling the story because I felt that having survived I owe something to the dead. and anyone who does not remember betrays them again."― Elie Wiesel