More From David Hume
- "Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
- "Nothing endears so much a friend as sorrow for his death. The pleasure of his company has not so powerful an influence."
- "A propensity to hope and joy is real riches; one to fear and sorrow real poverty."
More In Government
- "The most powerful recent innovation in government is when states aggressively use community colleges for retraining. In Michigan, where large numbers of workers were displaced from the manufacturing industry, we created a wildly successful program: No Worker Left Behind."― Jennifer Granholm
- "We believe a renewed commitment to limited government will unshackle our economy and create millions of new jobs and opportunities for all people, of every background, to succeed and prosper. Under this approach, the spirit of initiative – not political clout – determines who succeeds."― Paul Ryan
- "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."― George Washington