More From David Hume
- "A propensity to hope and joy is real riches; one to fear and sorrow real poverty."
- "Nothing endears so much a friend as sorrow for his death. The pleasure of his company has not so powerful an influence."
- "The Christian religion not only was at first attended with miracles, but even at this day cannot be believed by any reasonable person without one."
More In Imagination
- "My books are elegiac in the sense that they’re odes to a nation that even I sometimes think may not exist anymore except in my memory and my imagination."― Richard Russo
- "When we had to do book reports, I would pick a book that no one read and just make it up and turn that in. I got praised for my imagination."― Ahmet Zappa
- "The public has an appetite for anything about imagination – anything that is as far away from reality as is creatively possible."― Steven Spielberg