More From David Hockney
- "Art has to move you and design does not, unless it’s a good design for a bus."
- "As you get older, it gets a bit harder to keep the spontaneity in you, but I work at it."
- "Cubism was an attack on the perspective that had been known and used for 500 years. It was the first big, big change. It confused people: they said, ‘Things don’t look like that!’"
More In Art
- "Money is something that can be measured; art is not. It’s all subjective."― Jerry Saltz
- "Science fiction is any idea that occurs in the head and doesn’t exist yet, but soon will, and will change everything for everybody, and nothing will ever be the same again. As soon as you have an idea that changes some small part of the world you are writing science fiction. It is always the art of the possible, never the impossible."― Ray Bradbury
- "I’m afraid that if you look at a thing long enough, it loses all of its meaning."― Andy Warhol