More From David Herbert Lawrence
- "God is only a great imaginative experience."
- "I hate the actor and audience business. An author should be in among the crowd, kicking their shins or cheering them on to some mischief or merriment."
- "Oh literature, oh the glorious Art, how it preys upon the marrow in our bones. It scoops the stuffing out of us, and chucks us aside. Alas!"
More In Dreams
- "Each has its lesson; for our dreams in sooth, come they in shape of demons, gods, or elves, are allegories with deep hearts of truth that tell us solemn secrets of ourselves."― Henry Timrod
- "If you have a dream, just lie about it. Lie your way unto your dreams."― Joel McHale
- "I have learned, that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."― Henry David Thoreau