More From David Herbert Lawrence
- "Design in art, is a recognition of the relation between various things, various elements in the creative flux. You can’t invent a design. You recognize it, in the fourth dimension. That is, with your blood and your bones, as well as with your eyes."
- "They say geniuses mostly have great mothers. They mostly have sad fates."
- "There is only one thing that a man really wants to do, all his life; and that is, to find his way to his God, his Morning Star, salute his fellow man, and enjoy the woman who has come the long way with him."
More In Art
- "Fashion often starts off beautiful and becomes ugly, whereas art starts off ugly sometimes and becomes beautiful."― David Bailey
- "A canon is antithetical to everything the New York art world has been about for the past 40 years, during which we went from being the center of the art world to being one of many centers."― Jerry Saltz
- "Piano playing is a dying art. I love the fact that I can be one guy with one instrument evoking an emotional and musical experience."― Jon Bon Jovi