More From David Herbert Lawrence
- "There is no such thing as liberty. You only change one sort of domination for another. All we can do is to choose our master."
- "Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken."
- "The essential function of art is moral. But a passionate, implicit morality, not didactic. A morality which changes the blood, rather than the mind."
More In Business
- "I like to combine the dramatic emotional warmth of strings with the grooves and body business of drums and bass."― David Byrne
- "I couldn’t be an ingenue today, because the business has changed. I remember when you could dress for a premiere just by putting on a cute top. Now you have to be perfect and fabulous in every way, or you’re ridiculed."― Julia Roberts
- "I find myself going to places where I really have no business, speaking to these people in a whole other field that I have no extensive knowledge of. But I do it very often because it scares me."― Alan Alda