More From David Guterson
- "Writing became an obsessive compulsive habit but I had almost no money so I thought about being an urban firefighter and having lots of free time in which to write or becoming an English teacher and thinking about books and writers on a daily basis. That swayed me."
- "At one level you’re condemned to the voice you have. But within those confines, you have a certain amount of freedom to range among your possible voices."
More In Politics
- "Good politics starts with empathy, proceeds to analysis, then sets out values and establishes the vision, before getting to the nitty-gritty of policy solutions."― David Miliband
- "I voted for Barack because he was black. ‘Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people – because they look like them… That’s American politics, pure and simple."― Samuel L. Jackson
- "Do the best you can with yourself and hope for the best."― Loretta Lynn