More From David Guterson
- "Writing became an obsessive compulsive habit but I had almost no money so I thought about being an urban firefighter and having lots of free time in which to write or becoming an English teacher and thinking about books and writers on a daily basis. That swayed me."
- "At one level you’re condemned to the voice you have. But within those confines, you have a certain amount of freedom to range among your possible voices."
More In Politics
- "The proper reply to right wing religiosity is not to insist that politics and religion don’t mix. This is the stock response of the left."― Christopher Lasch
- "We’ll take the cake with the red cherry on top."― Navjot Singh Sidhu
- "What saddens me is the corruption of youth and beauty, and the loss of soul, which is only replaced by money."― Lisa Bonet