More From David F. Houston
- "The high food value of field beans and the shortage of supply due to the light yields of 1915 and 1916 render them of great importance in the regions to which they are adapted."
- "Corn is the leading food and feed crop of the United States in geographic range of production, acreage, and quantity of product. The vital importance of a large acreage of this crop, properly cared for, therefore, is obvious."
- "The duty of the individual farmer, at this time, is to increase his production, particularly of food crops."
More In Food
- "The Americans have always been food, sex, and spirit revivalists."― Edward Dahlberg
- "It’s a paradox to be an actress, living in the city, taking planes all the time, trying to find the right balance in this life, which is not so eco-friendly, and still try to respect the environment."― Marion Cotillard
- "We may find in the long run that tinned food is a deadlier weapon than the machine-gun."― George Orwell