More From David F. Houston
- "The ease with which barley may be substituted directly for wheat in human food and its usefulness to replace wheat milling by-products as feed in the production of the milk supply render its abundant production important."
- "In the southern half of the country perhaps no crop has larger possibilities for quick increase of production of food for both men and animals than the sweet potato."
- "Rice at present prices provides more food for the money than most of the other cereals."
More In Food
- "The most used piece of kit in my kitchen is my saucepan. I use it every morning to cook my porridge in. The least used piece of equipment? I’d say a food mixer. I’ve never used it, I don’t really know what they’re for."― David Walliams
- "I guess I feel that I was following my instincts, and at the same time being guided by the best. I became totally intrigued with Louisiana – the people, the food. It is a part of my life. Everything that has happened for me since moving here has just been icing on the cake."― Emeril Lagasse
- "Revenge is barren of itself: it is the dreadful food it feeds on; its delight is murder, and its end is despair."― Friedrich Schiller