More From David F. Houston
- "Rice at present prices provides more food for the money than most of the other cereals."
- "The importance to the nation of a generously adequate food supply for the coming year cannot be overemphasized, in view of the economic problems which may arise as a result of the entrance of the United States into the war."
- "The high food value of field beans and the shortage of supply due to the light yields of 1915 and 1916 render them of great importance in the regions to which they are adapted."
More In Food
- "I don’t want to spend my life not having good food going into my pie hole. That hole was made for pies."― Paula Deen
- "I’m not a Luddite, but I’m outside more than I’m on my computer. We have a micro-farm – it’s a step up from a garden. We have a pretty extensive vineyard. We grow about 60 percent of our own food, make our own wine, have chickens for eggs."― Emilio Estevez
- "You don’t have to live in the country and grow your own food to be green."― Shalom Harlow