More From David F. Houston
- "It is obvious that the greatest and most important service that is required of our agriculture under existing conditions is an enlarged production of the staple food crops."
- "The duty of the individual farmer, at this time, is to increase his production, particularly of food crops."
- "The importance to the nation of a generously adequate food supply for the coming year cannot be overemphasized, in view of the economic problems which may arise as a result of the entrance of the United States into the war."
More In Food
- "I’ve always preferred food be on the blander side."― Alexandra Paul
- "Men are not punished for their sins, but by them."― Kin Hubbard
- "You know, out-of-touch liberals like Barack Obama say they want a strong economy, but in everything they do, they show they don’t like business very much. But the economy, of course, is simply the product of all the businesses of the nation added together. So it’s a bit like saying you like an omelet, but you don’t like eggs."― Mitt Romney