More From David F. Houston
- "In the southern half of the country perhaps no crop has larger possibilities for quick increase of production of food for both men and animals than the sweet potato."
- "It is obvious that the greatest and most important service that is required of our agriculture under existing conditions is an enlarged production of the staple food crops."
- "The duty of the individual farmer, at this time, is to increase his production, particularly of food crops."
More In Food
- "There are a lot of food Nazis in the U.S., but I believe if you can show people what’s really important, they’ll judge the rest for themselves."― Mehmet Oz
- "It’s very clear that there’s a lot of double standards going on. Should there be a 30mph speed limit? Of course there bloody should. And certainly with kids and school food, kids need to be nannied for sure. So give them a bloody good meal at school."― Jamie Oliver
- "I am a serious food lover and Peruvian cuisine is one of the best in the world."― Helena Christensen