More From David F. Houston
- "The usefulness of cow-peas and soy-beans as human food has been recognized only recently in this country."
- "The ease with which barley may be substituted directly for wheat in human food and its usefulness to replace wheat milling by-products as feed in the production of the milk supply render its abundant production important."
- "The high food value of field beans and the shortage of supply due to the light yields of 1915 and 1916 render them of great importance in the regions to which they are adapted."
More In Food
- "Men do not have to cook their food; they do so for symbolic reasons to show they are men and not beasts."― Edmund Leach
- "Southeast Asia food uses many different types of spices which are quite new to me, like the curry leaves which I saw at the Kreta Ayer wet market in Chinatown. With such spices used in cooking, this usually imparts a strong aroma to Southeast Asian food, which appeals to the senses."― Joel Robuchon
- "I like a well-roasted rotisserie chicken and eggs cooked various ways, like sunny-side up or scrambled. It’s comfort food for me."― Joel Robuchon