More From David F. Houston
- "The ease with which barley may be substituted directly for wheat in human food and its usefulness to replace wheat milling by-products as feed in the production of the milk supply render its abundant production important."
- "The value of the beans for oil production, as well as for human food, has become recognized so quickly and so generally during the past year that the crop has acquired a commercial standing far in excess of its previous status."
- "The importance to the nation of a generously adequate food supply for the coming year cannot be overemphasized, in view of the economic problems which may arise as a result of the entrance of the United States into the war."
More In Food
- "If we get our self-esteem from superficial places, from our popularity, appearance, business success, financial situation, health, any of these, we will be disappointed, because no one can guarantee that we’ll have them tomorrow."― Kathy Ireland
- "Just ask the local people for the best food. Don’t rely on a guidebook."― Masaharu Morimoto
- "The beef industry has contributed to more American deaths than all the wars of this century, all natural disasters, and all automobile accidents combined."― Neal Barnard