More From David F. Houston
- "The ease with which barley may be substituted directly for wheat in human food and its usefulness to replace wheat milling by-products as feed in the production of the milk supply render its abundant production important."
- "In the southern half of the country perhaps no crop has larger possibilities for quick increase of production of food for both men and animals than the sweet potato."
- "The usefulness of cow-peas and soy-beans as human food has been recognized only recently in this country."
More In Food
- "An Englishman teaching an American about food is like the blind leading the one-eyed."― A. J. Liebling
- "Food can become such a point of anxiety – not because it’s food, but just because you have anxiety. That’s how eating disorders develop."― Vanessa Carlton
- "One way to find food for thought is to use the fork in the road, the bifurcation that marks the place of emergence in which a new line of development begins to branch off."― William Irwin Thompson