More From David F. Houston
- "The high food value of field beans and the shortage of supply due to the light yields of 1915 and 1916 render them of great importance in the regions to which they are adapted."
- "It is obvious that the greatest and most important service that is required of our agriculture under existing conditions is an enlarged production of the staple food crops."
- "In the southern half of the country perhaps no crop has larger possibilities for quick increase of production of food for both men and animals than the sweet potato."
More In Food
- "There’s a lot about the character. It doesn’t always happen, but there are some characters you really create a relationship with, almost as if they were your friend. And you never get into their heads again or think like them."― Salma Hayek
- "Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else."― Sara Blakely
- "I don’t think there’s going to be a day when I don’t think about food or my body, but I’m living with it, and I wish I could tell young girls to find their safe place and stay with it."― Demi Lovato