More From Dave Brubeck
- "I played a lot of sports and it’s the plays in basketball that weren’t worked out that are the ones that are just fantastic that you remember. We don’t know the power that’s within our own bodies."
- "Jazz is about freedom within discipline. Usually a dictatorship like in Russia and Germany will prevent jazz from being played because it just seemed to represent freedom, democracy and the United States."
- "After the Second World War, I returned to California to study composition with Darius Milhaud, who wrote wonderful works like ‘Le Boeuf sur le Toit’ and ‘La Cretion du Monde.’ I especially enjoy his work for two pianos, ‘Scaramouche.’"
More In Beauty
- "All the people who follow me on Twitter know my sense of humor. I sometimes forget the blogosphere will give it more weight than I intended."― Kurt Sutter
- "The leading edge in evidence presentation is in science; the leading edge in beauty is in high art."― Edward Tufte
- "One of my producers said this business is like a hamster on that little wheel thing that goes around and around. You may have a great day and get great ratings, but then you’ve got another show to do – whatever moment of success or happiness you have you’ve got to keep grinding it out for the next day."― Sean Hannity