More From Dave Brubeck
- "I knew I wanted to write on religious themes when I was a GI in World War II. I saw and experienced so much violence that I thought I could express my outrage best with music."
- "I’m always hoping for the nights that are inspired where you almost have an out of body experience."
- "Many people don’t understand how disciplined you have to be to play jazz… And that is really the idea of democracy – freedom within the Constitution or discipline. You don’t just get out there and do anything you want."
More In Freedom
- "If technology has finally caught up with individual liberty, why would anyone who loves freedom want to rethink that?"― Matt Drudge
- "The men and women who serve in our military have won for us every hour we live in freedom, sometimes at the expense of the very hours of the lifetimes they had hoped to live."― Bob Riley
- "One of the rewards of success is freedom, the ability to do whatever you like."― Sting