More From Dave Brubeck
- "I knew I wanted to write on religious themes when I was a GI in World War II. I saw and experienced so much violence that I thought I could express my outrage best with music."
- "Jazz is about freedom within discipline. Usually a dictatorship like in Russia and Germany will prevent jazz from being played because it just seemed to represent freedom, democracy and the United States."
- "I’m always hoping for the nights that are inspired where you almost have an out of body experience."
More In Freedom
- "Family farms and small businesses are the backbone of our communities."― Tom Allen
- "We call our country home of the brave and land of the free, but it’s not. We give a false portrayal of freedom. We’re not free – if we were, we’d allow people their freedom."― Jesse Ventura
- "Everywhere that the struggle for national freedom has triumphed, once the authorities agreed, there were military coups d’etat that overthrew their leaders. That is the result time and time again."― Ahmed Ben Bella