More From Dave Brubeck
- "Jazz stands for freedom. It’s supposed to be the voice of freedom: Get out there and improvise, and take chances, and don’t be a perfectionist – leave that to the classical musicians."
- "I played a lot of sports and it’s the plays in basketball that weren’t worked out that are the ones that are just fantastic that you remember. We don’t know the power that’s within our own bodies."
- "I knew I wanted to write on religious themes when I was a GI in World War II. I saw and experienced so much violence that I thought I could express my outrage best with music."
More In Freedom
- "Religious poetry, civic poetry, lyric or dramatic poetry are all categories of man’s expression which are valid only if the endorsement of formal content is valid."― Salvatore Quasimodo
- "A growing number of young women who have the freedom to decide have decided that career can wait, and the delicious early years of their children’s lives can’t."― Suzanne Fields
- "Money won’t create success, the freedom to make it will."― Nelson Mandela