More From Dave Brubeck
- "Jazz stands for freedom. It’s supposed to be the voice of freedom: Get out there and improvise, and take chances, and don’t be a perfectionist – leave that to the classical musicians."
- "I’m always hoping for the nights that are inspired where you almost have an out of body experience."
- "My dad was the manager at the 45,000-acre ranch, but he owned his own 1,200-acre ranch, and I owned four cattle that he gave to me when I graduated from grammar school, from the eighth grade. And those cows multiplied, and he kept track of them for years for me. And that was my herd."
More In Freedom
- "Now workers should have the right to join unions. But unions should not be forced upon workers. And unions should not have the power to take money our of their members’ paychecks to buy the support of politicians that are favored by the union bosses."― Mitt Romney
- "Every tyrant who has lived has believed in freedom for himself."― Elbert Hubbard
- "Most men, after a little freedom, have preferred authority with the consoling assurances and the economy of effort it brings."― Walter Lippmann