More From Dave Brubeck
- "I’m always hoping for the nights that are inspired where you almost have an out of body experience."
- "I knew I wanted to write on religious themes when I was a GI in World War II. I saw and experienced so much violence that I thought I could express my outrage best with music."
- "I played a lot of sports and it’s the plays in basketball that weren’t worked out that are the ones that are just fantastic that you remember. We don’t know the power that’s within our own bodies."
More In Freedom
- "I feel very deeply about the need to respect and tolerate people of different social – or sexual orientation. But at the same time, I believe marriage should be preserved as an institution for one man and one woman."― Mitt Romney
- "My view is that marriage is a relationship between a man and a woman. That’s the position I’ve had for some time, and I don’t intend to make any adjustments at this point… Or ever, by the way."― Mitt Romney
- "Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself – and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to – letting a person be what he really is."― Jim Morrison