More From Dave Brubeck
- "I’m always hoping for the nights that are inspired where you almost have an out of body experience."
- "I played a lot of sports and it’s the plays in basketball that weren’t worked out that are the ones that are just fantastic that you remember. We don’t know the power that’s within our own bodies."
- "Many people don’t understand how disciplined you have to be to play jazz… And that is really the idea of democracy – freedom within the Constitution or discipline. You don’t just get out there and do anything you want."
More In Freedom
- "The idea of working with Steven Spielberg was very attractive. He’s such a master. He knows the language of the camera and of filmmaking, which gives him a great freedom."― Max von Sydow
- "The increased presence of Muslims in Italy and in Europe is directly proportional to our loss of freedom."― Oriana Fallaci
- "Somebody was asking me the other day – President Bush is now talking about freedom for the Arab world. I say, well, that’s great. I was talking about that fifty years ago."― Lakhdar Brahimi