More From Dave Brubeck
- "That’s the beauty of music. You can take a theme from a Bach sacred chorale and improvise. It doesn’t make any difference where the theme comes from; the treatment of it can be jazz."
- "I had the first integrated Army band in World War II."
- "After the Second World War, I returned to California to study composition with Darius Milhaud, who wrote wonderful works like ‘Le Boeuf sur le Toit’ and ‘La Cretion du Monde.’ I especially enjoy his work for two pianos, ‘Scaramouche.’"
More In Sports
- "I think that every single person should play sports."― Donovan Bailey
- "That’s the biggest problem with boxing in the United States. They do not promote it like they used to, when it used to be Howard Cosell and they showed it on ‘Wide World of Sports.’ Everybody knew all the fighters. Everybody was looking forward to the year when the Olympics came on."― Evander Holyfield
- "My heart lies in music and acting, however, my inspiration comes from adrenaline rush I get from sports… and life."― Alexander Ludwig