More From Danny McBride
- "In my school, people liked the gym teachers because they were the football or soccer coaches. But look, if they’re cool, they get respect."
- "You know, a lot of those angry sort of Southern man characters that I’ve been doing are based on different people I might’ve had as, like, a soccer coach or as a teacher."
- "I had a classic gym teacher in junior high who wore a weightlifter’s belt all the time."
More In Humor
- "And for my family, comedically, that was the key to a lot of the humor."― Damon Wayans
- "I never worry about people not taking my work seriously as a result of the humor. In the end, the comic’s best trick is the illusion that comedy is effortless. That people imagine what he’s doing is easy is an occupational hazard."― Richard Russo
- "I think the next best thing to solving a problem is finding some humor in it."― Frank A. Clark