More From Danny Boyle
- "You can have great sequences with music, but if you don’t have the acting you’re bored after 15 minutes. Or not bored, but you’re like, ‘So what?’"
- "I always think, when there’s stuff that people don’t like, I always say that if I have another success, I’ll enjoy it more, but you don’t really."
- "My dad was a labourer and my mum had exactly the same job as Noel Gallagher’s mum – she was a dinner lady at our local school. Everyone comes over from Ireland and they get the same jobs."
More In Best
- "Power is like being a lady… if you have to tell people you are, you aren’t."― Margaret Thatcher
- "No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new."― Steve Jobs
- "I’m fascinated by musicians who don’t completely understand their territory; that’s when you do your best work."― Brian Eno