More From Daniel Webster
- "The world is governed more by appearance than realities so that it is fully as necessary to seem to know something as to know it."
- "An unlimited power to tax involves, necessarily, the power to destroy."
- "Justice, sir, is the great interest of man on earth. It is the ligament which holds civilized beings and civilized nations together."
More In Wisdom
- "I will give you a definition of a proud man: he is a man who has neither vanity nor wisdom one filled with hatreds cannot be vain, neither can he be wise."― John Keats
- "The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance – it is the illusion of knowledge."― Daniel J. Boorstin
- "Because in the school of the Spirit man learns wisdom through humility, knowledge by forgetting, how to speak by silence, how to live by dying."― Johannes Tauler