More From Daniel Libeskind
- "And then, build a bustling wonderful city of the 21st century, with a restoration of a spectacular skyline, which Manhattan, of course, needs. So, that is really the design as a whole."
- "Winning a competition in architecture is a ticket to oblivion. It’s just an idea. Ninety-nine per cent never get built."
- "I’m not Candide, nor Dr Pangloss, but we know that faith moves mountains."
More In Experience
- "Just as the wave cannot exist for itself, but is ever a part of the heaving surface of the ocean, so must I never live my life for itself, but always in the experience which is going on around me."― Albert Schweitzer
- "I have this horrible sense of humor where I think discomfort is funny – partly because I experience discomfort a lot, and it’s a way of laughing at it and getting a release."― Joaquin Phoenix
- "I’d hesitated to have a wedding because my gay and lesbian friends don’t have that right."― Kathy Najimy