More From Daniel Kahneman
- "Experienced happiness refers to your feelings, to how happy you are as you live your life. In contrast, the satisfaction of the remembering self refers to your feelings when you think about your life."
- "It’s clear that policymakers and economists are going to be interested in the measurement of well-being primarily as it correlates with health; they also want to know whether researchers can validate subjective responses with physiological indices."
More In Happiness
- "Happiness is a real, objective phenomenon, scientifically verifiable. That means people and whole societies can now be measured over time and compared accurately with one another. Causes and cures for unhappiness can be quantified."― Polly Toynbee
- "Self-pity comes so naturally to all of us. The most solid happiness can be shaken by the compassion of a fool."― Andre Maurois
- "When leaders take back power, when they act as heroes and saviors, they end up exhausted, overwhelmed, and deeply stressed."― Margaret J. Wheatley