More From Daniel Hannan
- "The ‘Robben Island Bible’ has arrived at the British Museum. It’s a garish thing, its cover plastered with pink and gold Hindu images, designed to hide its contents. Within is the finest collection of words generated by human intelligence: the complete works of William Shakespeare."
- "The U.S. states that allow for citizens’ initiatives tend to have fewer laws and lower taxes than the ones that don’t. But the beauty of the system is that it encourages the spread of best practice."
- "You cannot spend your way out of recession or borrow your way out of debt."
More In Health
- "The reason Gov. Romney passed Romneycare as governor of Massachusetts in 2006 was because many Republicans viewed health care reform, mandates and all, as a way to inoculate against Democratic charges that Republicans didn’t care about people who lacked health insurance."― Ari Fleischer
- "I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures."― Lao Tzu
- "My life in Brooklyn was in constant danger because of my bad health."― Maurice Sendak