More From Daniel Day-Lewis
- "One of the great privileges of having grown up in a middle-class literary English household, but having gone to school in the front lines in Southeast London, was that I became half-street-urchin and half-good-boy at home. I knew that dichotomy was possible."
- "When I’ve gone back to work, it’s always with that sense of inevitability. That may be a complete delusion, but it’s the one that I need to get out of bed and go about my business. That sense that I can’t avoid this thing. I better just get on with it."
- "I see a lot of movies. I love films as a spectator, and that’s never obscured by the part of me that does the work myself. I just love going to the movies."
More In Age
- "It is true that I entered parliament at the age of 23, and have now been representing the people of my constituency for over twenty years."― Charles Kennedy
- "Our age knows nothing but reaction, and leaps from one extreme to another."― Reinhold Niebuhr
- "I believe that investing in our children’s development from the earliest age is the single most important contribution we can make to the health and wellbeing of our citizens, their capacity and the future prosperity of our state."― Jay Weatherill