More From Dan Simmons
- "I loved almost everything about being a teacher, but I was an unusual teacher."
- "It’s odd how violence and humor so often go together, isn’t it?"
- "There’s a unique bond of trust between readers and authors that I don’t believe exists in any other art form; as a reader, I trust a novelist to give me his or her best effort, however flawed."
More In Teacher
- "My father also happened to be an intellectual, as learned, literate, informed, and curious as anyone I have known. Unobtrusively and casually, he was my wise and gentle teacher."― James Tobin
- "I played saxophone, so I was into jazz. I learned from each audience and each teacher that I had. I can’t really tell you any rules or anything, but the way I develop my beliefs is really just by personally learning from different situations."― Chad Hugo
- "Far from wishing to awaken the artist in the pupil prematurely, the teacher considers it his first task to make him a skilled artisan with sovereign control of his craft."― Eugen Herrigel