More From Dan Simmons
- "I loved almost everything about being a teacher, but I was an unusual teacher."
- "There’s a unique bond of trust between readers and authors that I don’t believe exists in any other art form; as a reader, I trust a novelist to give me his or her best effort, however flawed."
- "It’s odd how violence and humor so often go together, isn’t it?"
More In Teacher
- "It is not easy to imagine how little interested a scientist usually is in the work of any other, with the possible exception of the teacher who backs him or the student who honors him."― Jean Rostand
- "The world of knowledge takes a crazy turn when teachers themselves are taught to learn."― Bertolt Brecht
- "Both my grandmothers had upright pianos, and I just knew how to play since I was a child. Nobody taught me. I sounded like a grown-up, and then I learned how to read music. I played so well by ear I could fool the teacher to believe I could play the notes. She’d make the mistake of playing the song once, and I could play it."― Valerie Simpson