More From Dan Simmons
- "It’s odd how violence and humor so often go together, isn’t it?"
- "I loved almost everything about being a teacher, but I was an unusual teacher."
- "There’s a unique bond of trust between readers and authors that I don’t believe exists in any other art form; as a reader, I trust a novelist to give me his or her best effort, however flawed."
More In Teacher
- "I must have got my detailed, obsessive streak from my father, who was an English teacher, because my mother wasn’t like me at all."― Barbra Streisand
- "A child’s learning is a function more of the characteristics of his classmates than those of the teacher."― James S. Coleman
- "When I was a child I used to read books by Gerald Durrell, who founded Jersey Zoo. He had a job collecting animals for zoos and for a long time that is what I wanted to do. Later when I was a teenager I had a fantastic English teacher called Mrs. Stafford. Her enthusiasm made me decide to be a writer."― Melvin Burgess