More From Dan Savage
- "My dad was a homicide cop in the gay neighborhood in the city when gay neighborhoods were desperate, depressing, sad places run by the mob. The only gay people he’d met when I came out to him were corpses."
- "Straight couples don’t have to be monogamous to be married or married to be monogamous. Monogamy no more defines marriage than the presence of children does. Monogamy isn’t compulsory and its absence doesn’t invalidate a marriage."
- "The cultural expectation should be if there’s infidelity, the marriage is more important than fidelity."
More In Equality
- "Do not call for black power or green power. Call for brain power."― Barbara Jordan
- "Equal pay isn’t just a women’s issue; when women get equal pay, their family incomes rise and the whole family benefits."― Mike Honda
- "The goal of the EU is to form a region of freedom, security and justice. Freedom in this connection cannot be just the freedom of the strong, but it must be combined with fraternity and equality."― Tarja Halonen