More From Dan Savage
- "The bullied straight kid goes home to a shoulder to cry on and support and can talk freely about his experience at school and why he’s being bullied. I couldn’t go home and open up to my parents."
- "How can you tell somebody whose is pursuing happiness that they’re somehow not American when that was the very first promise that America made?"
- "I got picked on a lot, even by teachers too. I liked to listen to musicals and bake, and my homeroom teacher found out and mocked me in front of the whole class for baking."
More In Freedom
- "I think my first album opened a lot of doors for me to push the freedom of speech to the limit."― Eminem
- "The only certain freedom’s in departure."― Robert Frost
- "I come from a political family. My father was a freedom fighter. He was a prominent leader of the locality and member of the Congress party. He spent 10 years in British prisons. In the evening, in our living room, the only subject we used to discuss was politics. So politics was not unfamiliar to me."― Pranab Mukherjee