More From Dan Savage
- "Straight couples don’t have to be monogamous to be married or married to be monogamous. Monogamy no more defines marriage than the presence of children does. Monogamy isn’t compulsory and its absence doesn’t invalidate a marriage."
- "The Bible is a radically pro-slavery document. Slave owners waved Bibles over their heads in the Civil War and justified it."
- "I think the best thing for you to do is just live your life. Live a life that’s worth living, one where you do what you want to do, pursue your passions. That way, if you meet someone, they’ll be joining a life that’s already really good."
More In Freedom
- "You cannot expect so much freedom in a land of 1.3 billion people."― Alex Chiu
- "I call on the Iranian people: it is not too late to replace the corrupt regime and return to your glorious Persian heritage, a heritage of culture and values and not of bombs and missiles… How can a nation allow a regime to instill fear, take away the people’s freedom and shock the young generation that seeks its way out of the dictatorial Iran."― Shimon Peres
- "Not to sound overly cheesy but I really appreciate the freedom we have in America – especially as a female."― Katy Perry