More From Dan Savage
- "I didn’t want kids to think that to be happy, they had to be famous or rich or live in the big city."
- "The only way to get gay issues off the front pages of Canadian newspapers is to grant gay and lesbian people our full civil equality and leave it alone."
- "My dad was a homicide cop in the gay neighborhood in the city when gay neighborhoods were desperate, depressing, sad places run by the mob. The only gay people he’d met when I came out to him were corpses."
More In Freedom
- "Not to sound overly cheesy but I really appreciate the freedom we have in America – especially as a female."― Katy Perry
- "Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be delightful, old age will bring few regrets, and life will become a beautiful success."― Louisa May Alcott
- "I mean there’s enormous pressures to harmonize freedom of speech legislation and transparency legislation around the world – within the E.U., between China and the United States. Which way is it going to go? It’s hard to see."― Julian Assange