More From Dan Savage
- "My dad was a homicide cop in the gay neighborhood in the city when gay neighborhoods were desperate, depressing, sad places run by the mob. The only gay people he’d met when I came out to him were corpses."
- "I don’t think that sin and pursuing happiness are not necessarily the same thing."
- "How can you tell somebody whose is pursuing happiness that they’re somehow not American when that was the very first promise that America made?"
More In Best
- "I want it said of me by those who knew me best, that I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow."― Abraham Lincoln
- "Don’t knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn’t start a conversation if it didn’t change once in a while."― Kin Hubbard
- "Compassion has no place in the natural order of the world which operates on the basis of necessity. Compassion opposes this order and is therefore best thought of as being in some way supernatural."― John Berger