More From Dan Savage
- "My dad was a homicide cop in the gay neighborhood in the city when gay neighborhoods were desperate, depressing, sad places run by the mob. The only gay people he’d met when I came out to him were corpses."
- "I didn’t want kids to think that to be happy, they had to be famous or rich or live in the big city."
- "How can you tell somebody whose is pursuing happiness that they’re somehow not American when that was the very first promise that America made?"
More In Best
- "It is best to rise from life as from a banquet, neither thirsty nor drunken."― Aristotle
- "Don’t lower your expectations to meet your performance. Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations. Expect the best of yourself, and then do what is necessary to make it a reality."― Ralph Marston
- "He who knows no hardships will know no hardihood. He who faces no calamity will need no courage. Mysterious though it is, the characteristics in human nature which we love best grow in a soil with a strong mixture of troubles."― Harry Emerson Fosdick