More From Dan Savage
- "Women can go on marrying and pretending that their boyfriends and husbands are Mr. Darcy or some RomCom dream man. But where’s that going to get ’em? Besides divorce court?"
- "One man’s blasphemy doesn’t override other people’s free-speech rights, their freedom to publish, freedom of thought."
- "I don’t think it’s the responsibility of gays and lesbians to reinvent the family."
More In Best
- "The old Romans all wished to have a king over them because they had not yet tasted the sweetness of freedom."― Titus Livius
- "For myself, for a long time… maybe I felt inauthentic or something, I felt like my voice wasn’t worth hearing, and I think everyone’s voice is worth hearing. So if you’ve got something to say, say it from the rooftops."― Tom Hiddleston
- "Civilization as it is known today could not have evolved, nor can it survive, without an adequate food supply."― Norman Borlaug