More From Dan Savage
- "My dad was a homicide cop in the gay neighborhood in the city when gay neighborhoods were desperate, depressing, sad places run by the mob. The only gay people he’d met when I came out to him were corpses."
- "One man’s blasphemy doesn’t override other people’s free-speech rights, their freedom to publish, freedom of thought."
- "I don’t think it’s the responsibility of gays and lesbians to reinvent the family."
More In Best
- "Personally, I just think rap music is the best thing out there, period. If you look at my deck in my car radio, you’re always going to find a hip-hop tape; that’s all I buy, that’s all I live, that’s all I listen to, that’s all I love."― Eminem
- "That government is best which governs least."― Henry David Thoreau
- "The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them up."― Ambrose Bierce