More From Dan Savage
- "Straight couples don’t have to be monogamous to be married or married to be monogamous. Monogamy no more defines marriage than the presence of children does. Monogamy isn’t compulsory and its absence doesn’t invalidate a marriage."
- "I don’t think that sin and pursuing happiness are not necessarily the same thing."
- "The bullied straight kid goes home to a shoulder to cry on and support and can talk freely about his experience at school and why he’s being bullied. I couldn’t go home and open up to my parents."
More In Best
- "Mondays are the potholes in the road of life."― Tom Wilson
- "Best to live lightly, unthinkingly."― Sophocles
- "It’s a really cool time for artists who want to strive for a little more depth in what they want to say to come forward. We live in a very fast world right now. We’ve got all this media and music which is so accessible to us, it’s here one minute gone the next."― Kimbra