More From Dan Rather
- "The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called ‘truth’."
- "Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow."
- "I still love following and thinking about politics. I enjoy recommending important journalism I read or see from other sources."
More In War
- "When we analyze this war in a materialistic way and ask when is it going to end and who will be the winner and the loser, it means that we do not see the endgame."― Bashar al-Assad
- "I mean, I was born the day war broke out, but I don’t remember all the bombs though they did actually break up Liverpool, you know. I remember when I was a little older, there was big gaps in all the streets where houses used to be. We used to play over them."― Ringo Starr
- "I was the first candidate to come out against this war, spoke at every anti-war march."― Al Sharpton