More From Dan Rather
- "This much we know: Journalism is not a precise science. It’s, on its best day, is a crude art. We make mistakes; I make mistakes. With more than 50 years as a journalist, I have at least had the opportunity to blow more stories, make more mistakes than maybe anybody in television."
- "To err is human but to really foul up requires a computer."
- "Journalists should denounce government by public opinion polls."
More In War
- "I was drafted during the Korean War."― Clint Eastwood
- "Empathy is really the opposite of spiritual meanness. It’s the capacity to understand that every war is both won and lost. And that someone else’s pain is as meaningful as your own."― Barbara Kingsolver
- "I think there’s a tremendous split between people who’ve been through a war and people who haven’t."― Antonia Fraser