More From Dan Rather
- "But we cannot rely on memorials and museums alone. We can tell ourselves we will never forget and we likely won’t. But we need to make sure that we teach history to those who never had the opportunity to remember in the first place."
- "Performing doesn’t turn me on. It’s an egomaniac business, filled with prima donnas – including this one."
- "I had just turned 10-years-old when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor and plunged America into World War II."
More In Courage
- "Once I had all the facts in, I found I didn’t have the immoral courage to pull the caper. So I wrote it as a story. As a teenager, I didn’t have any skills for writing as such, so it came out in 1500 words."― Theodore Sturgeon
- "Many a man will have the courage to die gallantly, but will not have the courage to say, or even to think, that the cause for which he is asked to die is an unworthy one."― Bertrand Russell
- "Religion in its humility restores man to his only dignity, the courage to live by grace."― George Santayana