More From Dan Rather
- "I respect and empathize with reporters and editors who must compete in today’s environment. And I know full well that when I’ve been covering campaigns, which I still do, I’ve made my mistakes and have been far from perfect."
- "I had just turned 10-years-old when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor and plunged America into World War II."
- "A free and truly independent press – fiercely independent when necessary – is the red beating heart of freedom and democracy."
More In Courage
- "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."― Samuel Johnson
- "Why should we honour those that die upon the field of battle? A man may show as reckless a courage in entering into the abyss of himself."― William Butler Yeats
- "I’ll be honest with you. My kids don’t watch my movies and never have. I can maybe name a film one hand that they’ve seen, actually, all the way through."― Kevin Bacon