More From Dan Rather
- "I respect and empathize with reporters and editors who must compete in today’s environment. And I know full well that when I’ve been covering campaigns, which I still do, I’ve made my mistakes and have been far from perfect."
- "I still love following and thinking about politics. I enjoy recommending important journalism I read or see from other sources."
- "Performing doesn’t turn me on. It’s an egomaniac business, filled with prima donnas – including this one."
More In Courage
- "To persevere, trusting in what hopes he has, is courage in a man."― Euripides
- "Resignation is the courage of Christian sorrow."― Alexandre Vinet
- "Peace comes when you talk to the guy you most hate. And that’s where the courage of a leader comes, because when you sit down with your enemy, you as a leader must already have very considerable confidence from your own constituency."― Desmond Tutu