More From Dan Rather
- "But we cannot rely on memorials and museums alone. We can tell ourselves we will never forget and we likely won’t. But we need to make sure that we teach history to those who never had the opportunity to remember in the first place."
- "A free and truly independent press – fiercely independent when necessary – is the red beating heart of freedom and democracy."
- "If I didn’t have a front-row seat on history, it was at least a seat on the aisle."
More In Courage
- "In this work I have received the opposition of a number of men who only advocate the unobtainable because the immediately possible is beyond their moral courage, administrative ability, and their political prescience."― John Burns
- "Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities… because it is the quality which guarantees all others."― Winston Churchill
- "In all realms of life it takes courage to stretch your limits, express your power, and fulfill your potential… it’s no different in the financial realm."― Suze Orman