More From Dan Gable
- "Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy."
- "Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts."
- "More enduringly than any other sport, wrestling teaches self-control and pride. Some have wrestled without great skill – none have wrestled without pride."
More In Best
- "I’m a firm believer that in the theory that people only do their best at things they truly enjoy. It is difficult to excel at something you don’t enjoy."― Jack Nicklaus
- "Don’t lower your expectations to meet your performance. Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations. Expect the best of yourself, and then do what is necessary to make it a reality."― Ralph Marston
- "My experience has been that work is almost the best way to pull oneself out of the depths."― Eleanor Roosevelt